NTNC 2019 Summer Meeting
The meeting will take place from noon on Wednesday, July 10, to noon on Friday, July 12, in Fargo, ND.
Reception and dinner on Thursday, July 11, 6 p.m.: Hotel Donaldson.
The meeting sessions will be held at Richard H. Barry Hall, downtown NDSU campus. Parking is available in the adjoining parking lot, and passes will be provided when you first arrive.
Parking and transit information
- The close proximity of all the venues, as well as the conference hotel, invite walking – especially given the beautiful days we will surely have, as well as the limited parking spaces available!
- If you drive to Barry Hall for the meeting, please pick up your parking pass at the refreshments table, scratch it off as instructed, and hang it on your car’s visor so that the blue side is facing outward. You will need to repeat this each meeting day.
- Overflow parking is available at the Klai Hall lot, using the same process as for parking by Barry Hall.
- If you are staying at The Radisson and prefer to drive to the meeting sessions and dinners, please consider car-pooling and plan to meet in the lobby 15 minutes before each meeting/dinner.
The nearest commercial airport is Hector Airport, about 5 miles from the hotel; depending on the time of day, it may take 15 minutes for the drive.
Transportation between Hector Airport and The Radisson
- The Radisson provides its guests free transportation from/to the airport. Please contact the hotel a couple of days before your arrival in Fargo with your flight information (airline, flight number and arrival time), and they will pick you up.
- When you check in at the Radisson, please let them know the day and time you would like transportation to the airport.
Driving directions are available on Google Maps
A block of rooms has been reserved for meeting participants at the Radisson Hotel on July 10, 11 and 12, at the cost of $106 per night plus state and local taxes. This rate applies to rooms with one king or with two queen beds.
If you have a federal ID, please present it upon check-in for a lower rate.
Please contact the hotel directly by June 10 to reserve your room in block “NTNC.”
Parking at the hotel is available in the hotel parking ramp. Guests staying at the Radisson receive the discounted parking fee of $7.00 per day.
Pre-meeting event: Going fishing on Tuesday, July 9
We’ll leave Fargo at 7 a.m. and return at 10 p.m., with NDSU’s Steve Sobiech driving. This is a fully-guided fishing expedition in northeast South Dakota – the precise location will depend on where the fish are biting that day.
The cost is $150 per person; all fishing equipment will be provided.
To participate in this exciting adventure, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, July 2. You’ll actually want to reserve your spot ASAP, as there is only room in the boat for four people.
If this will bring you to Fargo a day earlier than originally planned, it will be well worth it! The conference hotel rate at The Radisson applies on July 9 – as long as there are still rooms available.